Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Run Corregidor

Corregidor Island as one of the places near Metro Manila I wanted to visit. So when I saw my friend was going to a half marathon run there, I grabbed the chance to tag along. I am so glad I did go.

Official Run Corregidor Poster
Run Corregidor 2016 recently concluded. It was last January 9-10, 2015 at Corregidor Island, Cavite.The Corregidor Marathon (42k event) was held on the first day while the International Corregidor Half-Marathon (21k and 10k events) was on the second day.

Race Participants on the second day event are getting ready for the gun time

Since my friend will join the second day event, we decided to do an overnight. All hotels in the island were fully booked so we opted for camping out in the field. It is cheaper and we did not regret it. It is an advantage for participants to do an overnight than come in the morning. There is a social gathering the night before. It is definitely a good time to meet fellow enthusiasts with the sport. Not only that, you don't need to wake up so early and consider the travel period from the coast of Manila to the island. 


#squadgoals
If you want to run fast, run faster.
I wanted to tour the island at least a portion of the island by foot. So while the runners are doing their thing, I did mine. I took some snapshot of the runners I cam across by while I was on my way up too the topside and back to the camping grounds.

Next year, I am going back to this Island Not as a spectator but a event participant. Run Corregidor is now on my list of event to join in 2017 and a highly recommended race too. Not only you experience new challenge running through unpredictable winding up hill and downhill road, you also get to enjoy the scenic view of the Island.
surprised me when he passed by on his 10km

#relationshipgoals
random cool ways for a snapshot

The King and Queen of the Rock 2016. 





For more pics, check out the album in my FB Page here. If you have pics, feel free to tag and grab. Just dont forget to credit Leeisure. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment